Bishopscourt - July 21/22nd

August 07, 2018

It was a slightly depleated grid that lined up for the Moto 400 event at Bishopscourt mid July for the first two day event of the year. With several riders away on road racing duties including championship leader Darryl Tweed, some valuable championship points were up for grabs with 3 races over the 2 days.

It was Gary McCoy who took full advantage scoring a hat-trick of wins on his PK Racing Yamaha. The Cookstown man was pushed hard in race one by Darryl, taking the win by just under a second with Alvin Griffin third Moto 400 bike home. It was much of the same for race 2 with the same results. But in race 3 McCoy dominated winning by almost 9 seconds from Griffin in second this time and Anderson on third.

This now makes for an interesting championship table at the half way stage of the season. Both McCoy and Anderson now overtake Tweed at the top with Griffin closing into fourth place. With our 'drop round' rule riders two lowest results will not being counted at the end of the season making the title chase go to the wire at the last round at St. Angelo's in October.

Full Championship table is available here

Kirkistown - June 2nd

June 03, 2018

Darryl Tweed extended his lead of the Moto 400 Championship with another two wins on Saturday at Kirkistown. Tweed didn't get the wins as easy as last time out at Mondello Park, with Gary McCoy pushing him all the way to the line in both races on his PK Racing Yamaha. In qualifying it was Mark Camblin again who set the fastest time to put him on pole position with Tweed and McCoy along side on the front row.

Race one saw an epic battle with five bikes battling at the front of the field with McCoy leading for most of the race being pushed hard by Tweed, with Anderson, Camblin and Sean O'Neill making up the rest of the pack. It came down to the wire with Tweed out foxing McCoy in the last corner which gave him the advantage on the run to the line, and took the flag from McCoy by just 0.180 of a second with Camblin in third three seconds behind.

Race too was shortened to a four lap race after a red flagged incident stopped the first start. McCoy and Tweed were at it again up front but Tweed was in control this time leading from the start. McCoy pushed him all the way to the line but Tweed held on to win by just 0.278 of a second with O'Neill claiming third place this time.

This has Tweed top of the championship table with maximum points followed by Darryl Anderson who has two solid fourth place finishes and Camblin now in third. But with riders lowest two points scores not being counted at the end of the seasons its still all to play for.

Nicola Farrissey from Cork jumps to the top of the Supercup table after two soild results.

We now look forward to the next round at Bishopscourt on the 21st & 22nd of July as part of the Neil Robinson Memorial event ran by the Mid Antrim club. Photo Credit Jimmy Graham

Mondello Park - May 26th

May 27, 2018

The sun was out for the first Moto 400 event at Mondello Park this weekend and all competitors were eager to get on track after the April event at Kirkistown was cancelled due to bad weather. With a healthy grid of over 20 entries and a partially new surfaced Mondello International circuit ready, the scene was set for a great days racing. Race favourite was Darryl Tweed from Ballymoney, although he had not raced at Mondello if some years was fresh from a successful North West 200.

But in qualifying Saturday morning it was Mark Camblin who set the fastest lap on his Yamaha and took pole by just under a tenth of a second from Tweed. Several riders had mechanical issues and had to retire from the event early including other race favourites Callum Laidlaw and David Ging.

But in race one we didn't the battle we thought we would at the front when Camblin retired on lap one leaving Tweed to take a comprehensive win from Drogheda rider Jason Floody twenty seconds behind in second and Darryl Anderson taking an impressive third on his Mondello debut. Matthew Coss took the honors in the cup class on his Honda.

Race two was a similar affair up front with Tweed taking his M&D Kawasaki to another win with some super quick and consistant laps from Anderson in second this time and Camblin third after he was well back on the start grid after not posting a lap in race one. Cup honours this time went to Ciaran Loughman after Coss crashed out heavily fracturing his hand, we wish him a speed recovery.

There was however some great battles in the Seniors class with Mark Sheridan and Phil Harding pushing each other hard, however it was Sheridan who got the better of Harding in both races, and Ken Lenehan taking third.


Special mention also for Ruben Assandri who was best newcomer on his Cinghiale Racing Kawasaki.

We now look forward to the next round at Kirkistown on the 2nd on June.

Please reload